"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - Saint Augustine

18 November, 2011

I Feel Blessed!...

WELCOME!

For the past two (2) days, I had the privilege to travel to Indianapolis for the National Catholic Youth Convention and to help out with Fountains of Hope organization that installs water purifying systems to take to third (3rd) world countries like Haiti, India etc. So I was so happy and very thankful for the opportunity to help out with this great cause!

So Thursdsay we left the school hopped on the while short bus and headed for Indianapolis! I enjoyed the ride on the way there with people. I also got to meet two (2) new people. Alissa McMillen and JD Keller. Alissa is the daughter of Gary McMillan and JD is the elementary business teacher here at South Adams. Anyways, back to my story.

So Thursday we went to Indianapolis and we saw tons of people and booths. We also showed a couple of people how to install water purifying systems, and give them facts about it. Technically, there wasn't a group assigned, but throughout the past 2 days I was part of Ellerie and Abbie's group.

So the whole Thursday that's what we did, after that we checked into a hotel, got a room, unpacked and got ready to eat. Now, Chili's wasn't the first thing on my mind, but I figured that it would be fine, since I don't always get to eat out with people that I normally don't hang out with. Supper went by pretty well, we went back to the hotel and hung out at the lobby for at least two hours, it was ridiculous but it was fun!

Friday morning came, breakfast and then back to the Indianapolis Convention Center for another exciting day working with Fountains of Hope. Abbie, Ellerie and I ended up selling water bottles for the proceeds going to the organization! Well there are so many things that I want to say, but I am just so tired and I need to head to bed, I have a whole day full of homework, and essays to write! But overall, the trip was exciting, and I am thankful for God for giving me this day always, and for giving me this life that I truly take advantage off!

Have A Wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MMXIV ~ 2014

MMXIV ~ 2014
Let's Anticipate On A Peaceful Year!

World Leaders

World Leaders
Pray for World Leaders & Politicians

World Peace

World Peace
Desperately Needed, Please Pray!