"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - Saint Augustine

16 May, 2012

Whatta Journey!

MABUHAY!

This school year has been a journey for me. Ok, so as you know I do this every year since my 8th grade year. Specially during the end of the year. So now that it is Wednesday I will talk abotu my teachers. I will talk about how much they have impacted me and whether I like them or not. Any questions, just ask! (I am going to just go down the Iist from period 1 to period 7)

Mr. Tatman/ Mrs. Amstutz ~ Honors English

Where do I start? Well Mr. Tatman is the type of guy that doesn't mess around. However he is such a great teacher! Him and Mr. Baer are probably the smartest teachers that I have ever had! Mr. Tatman is the teacher that wears curdoroys, flannels and loafers with a fisherman's hat everyday to work! I love having him first period! He brighten's my day. As I said he teaches English to Sophomores and he teaches Speech Class also. One of the things that I love about him is that he rarely stands up there and teach but you learn so much from him this whole year. Without him I wouldn't know how to properly write an essay. Mr. Tatman teaches at a college level so that is what makes him different from other teachers. From my other post before or after Spring Break which I can't remember, I said that he took the rest of the year off for a heart surgery and we had the privileged to be with Mrs. Amstutz.

Mrs. Amstutz is married to Mr. Amstutz the band director here at the school corporation. Mrs. Amstutz treats us like we are her elementary students. Which I really don't mind being called. Anyways, Mrs. Amstutz picked up where Mr. T left off which is after Spring Break, she took over. She told us the first day we are back that she was not an English teacher and she was not fully licensed yet so she told us to bear with her. I have enjoyed Mrs. Amstutz throughout the last 7 weeks that we had her. I don't about the other kids, but me, personally, I love having her as a substitute!

Mr. Schwartz- Chemistry I

Mr. Schwartz does not like me. Period. I know that he doesn't because I can see the way that he looks at me at class and the way that he "examines" me. That's fine though, I don't cause him trouble and I sometimes bother him but that's just normal for me. Mr. Schwartz is a world traveler. He tells us stories about how he has been to different countries because of his job. He is the Chemistry and AP Chemistry teacher at the High School. He told us the first day of school that he wasn't going to stand up there and lecture because it would be boring. I agree with him. I wondered to myself how we are going to learn in Chemistry. All he said was "the videos and each other". I have doubted him at first but now he was right, I have learned through the videos and asking each other questions.

Mr. Baer- Earth & Space Science

One of the smartest people I have ever met. Mr. Baer is the Physics, Earth & Space, Integrated Chemistry- Physics teacher at the High School. Ellerie Baer (whom I talked about 2-3 Wednesday's posts ago) is his daughter. Anyways, Mr. Baer is such a very dedicated teacher. He cares about his students alot. If you would have any questions about homework and stuff he said to just call him anytime of the day and he will answer you. Mr. Baer is also the main chairperson who runs "Dots in Blue Water". An organization at our school that sends water and other aide to third world countries. This summer they are planning to go for the 2nd year I think to Haiti to do the same thing. Mr. Baer said he is working on his book, which I hope to read soon (if he sells it) and he enjoys dinosaur fossil digging and other archaeological work. Mr. Baer is such a great teacher and if you could have him as a teacher, you would know exactly what I am talking about!

Miss Thurston- Art ~ Intro 3D Art

Miss Thurston, one of the most funnest teachers of all. I have had the privileged to be with her for second semester of Art which was introduction to 3D art. Miss Thurston filled in for Mr. Schwartz while he was going through his illness. Mr. Schwartz was supposed to come back after Spring Break until the end of the year, but Miss Thurston informed us that she will be with us until the end of the year. Anyways, Miss Thurston is not from Ohio, and her sister Jenna Thurston is the interim art teacher at the Elementary School while Mrs. Pfeifer was recovering from her sickness also. Well Miss Thurston and I have had our arguments in art but we are now friends! I will miss Miss Thurston next year, I hope she comes back!

Mrs. Minch- World History

Mrs. Minch is probably the teacher with the most teaching experience at the whole school. People say she has been here for about 50 years now and I don't blame her, if I loved my students, I wouldn't retire either. Anyways, Mrs. Minch and I go to the same church, Trinity. Mrs. Minch was pretty mad when she found out she went from teaching Senior English to World History and US History. Mrs. Minch is a great teacher! She tells us stories about things back in the day and she is very fascinted with World War I and World War II pretty much anything historic. She enjoys talking about Catholicism in class and she is very lineant. I enjoy having her as a teacher!

Mr. McClung- Algebra II

Mr. McClung is the Algebra II teacher. Mr. McClung is also a pastor at his church. Anyways, Mr. McClung has a funny way of teaching his class. He comes up with the weirdest ways to teach it! He has songs for most of the equation formulas that he gives us and when he sings them they get stuck in your head, that it is hard to not remember how it goes! Mr. McClung has unbagasaten, some game that we do every Wednesday just for fun, try to guess the year of something number related to something. Every Friday we have detective stories which is really fun guessing game. Overall, I know that Mr. McClung does not like me, which I don't blame him for it, but him and I have gotten along really well this year.

Mr. McKean- Geometry

Mr. McKean the first son of our city. Mr. McKean and I have always gotten along since 7th Grade Study module. Anyways, as I can tell Mr. McKean is not a big fond of me. I can see why considering the fact that I am annoying. Well anyways, Mr. McKean is one of the baseball coaches along with Mr. Buckingham (his cousin). I like the way Mr. McKean teaches the class, it's just that it is Geometry that I don't get! It's fine though, I get a decent grade in that class. Mr. McKean's wife Mrs. McKean teaches at the Middle School as a Title I teacher and his mother Mrs. McKean is a 4th grade teacher who is retiring after this year! Mr. McKean is sometimes funny, but most of the time I get on his nerves, I can tell!

Well as I have said, this year has been a journey! Meeting these teachers, getting to know them, being with them and having them as my educator. I am really blessed to have these people in my life. With only 3 days left of school, finals starting tomorrow, these next 3 days will sure be a "journey" to remember!

Have A Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MMXIV ~ 2014

MMXIV ~ 2014
Let's Anticipate On A Peaceful Year!

World Leaders

World Leaders
Pray for World Leaders & Politicians

World Peace

World Peace
Desperately Needed, Please Pray!