"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - Saint Augustine

25 March, 2011

Hanging with the Priests!

WELCOME!

So today has been one of the greatest day in Spring Break History! I got to spend Thursday evening until tomorrow morning with the Baytion family! There have Mass upstairs and overnight Adoration at their house, it's fun if you asked me. So today, my day consisted of waking up at 1 in the morning, and going to Mass, and morning prayers. I really enjoyed it! Then we ate breakfast and got started with our day! Our day was long, in consisted of visiting priests, churches, and relics!

First we went to Coldwater in Ohio and I got a chance to sit and listen at the conference room with Father Jose, Father Barry, and Father Walling. Now- the purpose of the conference was to promote the Alliance of the Two Hearts. Before I go on any further, this post is for Catholics only, not being racist and all but if you want to know more about it, then I will be more than happy to give you more information about it.

Ok with that said, lets go back to my day. After we went to Coldwater, we went to Saint Charles in Carthanega where it used to be a seminary, but now it's where retired priests live. I got a chance with Brother Alphonsus to talk to Father Charles during lunch. For lunch- since it is Lent but it is the Solemnity of the Annunciation we could eat meat! Now, when I was in line I thought that it was chicken, but turns out it was frog legs! It may sound gross but it tasted like chicken (it was just hard to chew).

While we were eating, Father Charles told us this story of how he is a retired priest, living at Saint Charles with his brother, and how his other brother is in Heaven and the other brother is a religious brother too. To the other table was the Baytions, I think it was a nun, Father Jose, Father Tom, Father Paul and Father Bensman. As I ate, and listened to Father Charles, I could hear Father Paul telling jokes about this and that, and made everyone in his table laugh.

After that Father Jose did the presentation of the Two Hearts. To me the presentation was presented well and that he did a really great job! See this is what inspires me to be a priest someday, maybe not an OATH priest but at least a priest. Also- as I looked at the Dining Area, I saw a lot of priests. Some were weak, some were strong and some well let's just say they looked like they were having a good time. Looking at those priests, made me wonder how good God really is. I mean really to call about 60 men to the priesthood/ religious life it is absolutely just magnificent!

Too me- it has been a graet experience and I am so blessed that I got that oppurtunity.

Have A Graet Weekened!


"In the end my Immaculate Heart will Triumph!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

MMXIV ~ 2014

MMXIV ~ 2014
Let's Anticipate On A Peaceful Year!

World Leaders

World Leaders
Pray for World Leaders & Politicians

World Peace

World Peace
Desperately Needed, Please Pray!