"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - Saint Augustine

18 April, 2012

Appreciating Life!

MABUHAY!

It's Wednesday, which means that I will post something random on here today that either has to do with my opinion, my comments, my interests and all that sorts of things. Now. Today when I was in school, I thought about what to blog about today. I know that I said last week that i was going to blog about the Catholic Church, but I will do that some other time because I am still collecting, researching information about it. I know alot about the church already it's just that I want to be in depth. With that said back to what I was saying.

People have often times told us that life is important and that we only get to live it once so make it a good one. I know- you're probably thinking.. Oh please don't tell me he is going to talk about life because I am so sick of hearing it! Well too be honest, I'm not! I know how sick people get of hearing the same life lectures over and over and over again but--- this blog post is going to be particularly different from every life lectures out there. I'm going to expose to you the things that they don't often show in the media (CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, etc.) Hopefully after reading this you will appreciate what you have. With that said, let me post!



First of all, we all know that life is amazing and it is one of the best gifts that we have gotten from God! People tell us to appreciate it and to appreciate all that is has to offer! However, let me ask you this- on your day to day basis, how many times have you actually stopped and thought about your actions and words and deeds? Ask yourself that question. Yes- in life their are so many things to do! Their are people to meet, places to see! However, have we really thought about what matters?

Remember it's the little things that matter not the big ones. With that said, let me start of with this:



The Sick & The Dying

People of the world! How many times have we stopped and thought about the people out their who are struggling? How many times have we visited the hospital for no reason to visit people who have no friends and family to visit them? How many times have we neglected to pray for those who are sick and dying? Most of all how many times have to stopped and thought about our own family (extended and immediate) being sick and dying? If you have said never or no to these, I think maybe it is that time that we should start.



The Poor & The Homeless

Let us all ask ourselves. How many times have we seen the poor and not have given them anything, not even a dollar? I mean come on people. The poor and the homeless are people like us too. They too have dreams that they want to accomplish in life. The only problem is that they may never do so. We are all so lucky to be able to have fresh, clean water, nice clothes to wear, nice cars to ride in. How many times have we seen someone out in the streets when driving through a neighborhood, and they happen to be sitting their with a sign on their hands saying "I Need Help". How many of us just past by and we have our conscience backfiring at us? How many of us actually took the time, turned the car around and gave that homeless/poor person a little change? I know that all of us are busy with this and that, and that we tend to neglect praying for them or helping them. But in the end people- God will reward you. It may not be on Earth, but I'm sure that it will be in heaven!



The Lonely & The Desolate

How many of us have seen or know someone that is lonely and desolate? Whether they are alone, in the nursing home, or just left their by their family members? How many of us actually took the time to visit these people maybe once or twice a week? How many of us took a free Friday evening, instead of watching the television or movie took the time to visit a local nursing home either to get to know them and their stories or help serve food to them? I know that no one in this world is perfect. I'm not perfect, the priests aren't perfect, neither is the Pope. No one is. However, how many of us have consciences? I know it's everyone. But the real question is- how many of us are actually willing to give up that 2 hour movie night on Friday evenings, and visit at a local nursing home and get to know the elderly their. If we can't visit them, how many of us are actually praying for them? Jesus did not pray just for himself, he prayed for everyone. Our jobs as Christians & Catholics are to pray for everyone just as Jesus did.



Hopefully after reading through this blog post, all of us may change our attitudes and open our hearts and appreciate life even more. It's not all about the money, it's not whether or not I get the best bargain at the mall. As a matter of fact in life our goals should not be to get into a good college, or get a good paying job, or raise a family- yes they are all good life-term goals but I have often times never heard people say that their goal was to get to Heaven. As Christians & Catholics, we must all forgive one another even to the point where you can't forgive anymore.

We must also never forget our dearly brethren who are sick, lonely, poor. Visit them. Care for them. Pray for them.

Have A Good Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MMXIV ~ 2014

MMXIV ~ 2014
Let's Anticipate On A Peaceful Year!

World Leaders

World Leaders
Pray for World Leaders & Politicians

World Peace

World Peace
Desperately Needed, Please Pray!