"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - Saint Augustine

27 April, 2012

Why It Matters: Education

MABUHAY!

It is Friday. Today I am going to start posting "Von's Thought of The Week". Something that is interesting and debatable. Note - that I am going to start every Friday's post with "Why It Matters". Today, the first day of this post, happens to be Education. Why it is important to have education.

The question is: Why Is It Important to Have Education?

My answer~input~explanation~opinion: Well the answer is really obvious, so that you could succeed in life. In my life, there is only one goal. To become successful, doing the things that I enjoy and helping people that I don't know. There are two answers to this. There is a this and a that. First of all I am going to start with a this.





We often heard in times that having a good education, specially when it is free is great! I agree, it really is great. It will help you become better people in life. I once asked Mrs. Hosier what the most important job in the world is, she replied " a teacher, without them you wouldn't succeed". I agree with her, without them we wouldn't succeed. But if you look at it closely, to be a successful teacher, you must have good education. You can't just drop out of school, get a GED and become a successful teacher. Okay- you might I guess, I just haven't met a teacher like that though. But the point is- having a good education would lead you to a better life. With great education comes great grades, with great grades comes great scholarships, with those great scholarships comes your future. We are all privileged to go to a public school and receive the education that we are receiving. In other countries, they struggle to set up a schooling system.

We should all be thankful for our teachers for teaching us to succeed in life. Without proper education, we tend to make stupid choices. Specially during this economic times that most of the graduates can't find a job. Also it is very important during this 2012 year, since it is the election year. Education is the root that could impact our decisions about who will run our government. I am not going into all that details.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Now- the other part that I disagree with is that having good education will not always please and satisfy you. You might think that after 12 years of your life going to school, you are almost done and wouldn't need to go to college. Some people do that- and some people just at a trade school, or where ever else they please in order to do something with their lives. Hey- if they are satisfied with it, then let them. It's their life not yours. There are a couple of careers out there that doesn't require a college degree type of education. As I mentioned some could go to like trade schools or vocational schools, get a degree within what- 18 months?, graduate and get a job. Again as I said- if it pleases them, then leave 'em.

Now- this might not be the best first post on this Friday. I promise that as time progresses and as weeks go, I will try to post stuff that really matters. It's just that Education came first since I was in school, listening to the news and just it was the first thing that came up, that's why. Things such as Abortion, Separation of State from Church, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MMXIV ~ 2014

MMXIV ~ 2014
Let's Anticipate On A Peaceful Year!

World Leaders

World Leaders
Pray for World Leaders & Politicians

World Peace

World Peace
Desperately Needed, Please Pray!