"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - Saint Augustine

25 April, 2012

My Perspective & Suggestion

MABUHAY!

It's Wednesday!- already! Which means, its blogging Wednesday. This week I admit I struggled to find a perfect topic that would go along with this week. However, last night I managed to find one. Now- I don't do this often, but I think I am going to start. Today I am going to blog about "The Lucky One" by Nicholas Sparks. As a guy reading this book I got all sorts of comments about this and that and about how I am reading a chick book. Well my answer to them is, it takes a real man to sit their, read and maybe weep a little. Too be flat out pancake honest, I don't read these books for the fun of it, okay well maybe I do sometimes when I am bored, but I read these books to get a better sense of understanding towards people. As I mature, I tend to hear things that I don't want to hear, see things that should be shown and talk about things that isn't worthy. Also as discerning to the priesthood it is very important to be exposed to things like this. It is one of your jobs to help the people.

The whole reason I read this book is that it ties with the Catholic Church.



The book "The Lucky One" of course is written by Nicholas Sparks. Now the movie that just came out recently is based of the book. I told myself I wasn't going to blog/ talk about it until I have seen the movie, (if I see it) so that I could give my perspective and opinion based on what I think after reading the book and watching the movie. But- I didn't, I broke a promise to myself- I had to write about it. Now what exactly is this book about.. well there is a U.S. Marine named Logan (Zack Efron). He finds a picture of a smiling woman (Taylor Shilling) that was half- buried in the dirt in Iraq where he was based. So what he does is he picks up the photos and leaves it in his pocket.

Now- you might ask, why is it called "The Lucky One". Well I think it is because Logan (Zack Efron) thinks that the picture holds the key to his future and destiny. When he gets back to America he sets out on a journey to find the woman in the picture. Along with his dog, they embark on a journey that would forever change his life. What happens next- I don't want to spill the beans even more. Go read the book and find out.

Here is a trailer of the Lucky One that I found on YouTube.



What exactly is the whole point of this?

As I discern to become a priest- I admit I would like to see this movie. Not for my sake, but probably for the inspiration during my future homilies (hopefully). See during these times, divorce & remarried rates have gone up. Along with civil weddings. In the eye of the church a wedding is a vocation. Just like the vocation to the priesthood or religious life, the Catholic Church recognizes weddings too as a vocation. Hopefully in the future when I become a priest, I could show this to young couples who are going through tough times and considering divorce. Hopefully by showing them this film they would better strengthen their relationships with each other.

The other point of this blog post is not to make you go out there and watch the movie- I'm not advertising anything. But one of the points is too give you my perspective on this book, and why I kinda want to see the movie. It's not bad for a priest to go watch these types of movies. I personally though, will not watch this movie. I am not a big movie type of person. I have seen a couple though and I thought they were okay.

But. . . . . . . . . . no- I don't want to watch this movie just for the fun of it. No I don't want to watch this movie just for the sake of it. Most of all NO I do not want, I said I would like too not want to, there is a huge difference there, to watch this movie- simply because I don't have time and I have way better things to do. If you have seen it, let me know what you think!

Have A Wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MMXIV ~ 2014

MMXIV ~ 2014
Let's Anticipate On A Peaceful Year!

World Leaders

World Leaders
Pray for World Leaders & Politicians

World Peace

World Peace
Desperately Needed, Please Pray!