"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - Saint Augustine

22 February, 2012

Destination Jesus 2012!

MABUHAY!

Ok, so today I am going to be talking about Destination Jesus. You might be wondering what Destination Jesus is, well it's an annual retreat for high school youth/teens, from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon. It is a very spiritual event with amazing keynote speakers, Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, Spiritual talks from seminarians/ nuns/ monks, and most of all having fun and getting to meet new people. This year I got to go for the first time in my life. I didn't think it was going to be fun because I didn't know anyone from Jay County so that's why.

On the way there it was so weird because I really didn't know who to talk to but Agnes, Joe, Lori, Carl or Greg. Well I got to meet new people along the journey. I met a couple of kids from Immaculate Conception in Portland, plus I got to meet Don Link their CYO director. I'm going to make this blog post shorter than what I intended on it being. With that said, Friday as I said was weird. What else? Yeah, I didn't know how to react around Jay kids but I eventually got over that. Ok- Friday we got to check in with our stuff, and went for the opening celebration with the speakers. This year the keynote speakers were Bob Rice and Amanda Vernon.



Bob Rice one of the keynote speakers at Destination Jesus 2012.



Amanda Vernon one of the keynote speakers at Destination Jesus 2012.

Ok so I'm not going into details with what all happened. So Saturday was even better than Friday night. Saturday was very powerful and emotional for me at least. Saturday we started with Mass and then moved into International Rosary in different languages, and then Adoration with the Blessed Sacrament along with spiritual music. Then we had lunch and then we watched a little skit about sinning. I think that little 10 minute skit was very powerful because it shows what Lent is really about. After than the Blessed Sacrament was exposed. It got so emotional. I said that because the priest exposed it one- by- one by each of the people that were there. Since 900 people were there (according to the diocesan newspaper) about an hour or two was what it took. So yeah it was very emotional but very powerful. Then it was breakout session with each of our groups. With the breakout session, I got to speak in front of the whole Trinity and I.C. group of youth. The only problem was that every other word I spoke they laughed (I was like ok then...).

Sunday Morning consisted of breakfast, and then the exposition. With the exposition the songs were sung in Latin (very beautiful!) and then more music then the seminarians spoke, and the nuns did too, a couple of words from Father David Hasser (the diocesan vocations) and then it was time for the closing Mass. Due to the fact that Bishop Tim Doherty was at Rome for the Ad Limina visit and the Consistory he couldn't be there, however the priest that gave the homily did such a beautiful job! After the Mass, we got a group photo and then got ready to head home. On the bus ride home, we sang songs, prayed the rosary and had fun!



To be honest, I enjoyed Destination Jesus 2012. I wish that it would go on forever and ever! I mean it is very touching, powerful and emotional. If you are a Catholic in the Diocese of Lafayette- in- Indiana, I suggest that you go next year with your youth group or join a church I'm sure they wouldn't mind. I got a to meet new people, made new friends maybe? Most of all, I got a better calling to the priesthood! Above is a video that they put together from this year's Destination Jesus. I look forward to next year's celebration!


Have A Great Day!

Start of Lenten Season! What Are You Giving Up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

MMXIV ~ 2014

MMXIV ~ 2014
Let's Anticipate On A Peaceful Year!

World Leaders

World Leaders
Pray for World Leaders & Politicians

World Peace

World Peace
Desperately Needed, Please Pray!