"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - Saint Augustine

07 February, 2012

Long Week!

MABUHAY!

Today has been such a long busy day. I started my school day with English 10 Class. Of course out of all the people I gave my speech 2nd. The speech wasn't really complicated but it wasn't that hard either. Michaela and Shebly both gave me ideas on what to do it on. So I did. I did it on how to go through the terminal. Their are other things out there I could have probably done it on but just didn't want to explore the options. Anywho, also today, 3rd period we had an earthquake drill. It was sorta interesting but then again it was lame. Good preparation for a real earthquake though. Let's see, Zach LeFever and I are in the middle of working on our plane in 3-D Art. So far, it looks great, just add the windows and propellar and were good to go.

What else? Well it's only Tuesday, but this week has gone by so slow! I mean really. The weather has been nice lately, but in school it has been boring! I have been busy studying for this quiz and that quiz, and every Friday now in Chemistry we have a quiz, that means I actually have to work now! Grr! Well, today we celebrate a famous person's birthday. Anyone knows who it is?




Yup- it's the good ole' classical author of "THe Christmas Carol" Charles Dickens!
Today he celebrated his 200th birthday! WOw, wonder how he feels being 200?

Here are a list of books that he has written in the past that are loved today.

The Pickwick Papers 1837
Oliver Twist 1838
The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby 1839
The Old Curiosity Shop 1841
Barnaby Rudge A Tale of the Riots of 'Eighty 1841
Life and Adventures of Martin Chuzzlewit 1844
Dombey and Son 1848
David Copperfield 1850
Bleak House 1853
Hard Times 1854
Little Dorrit 1857
A Tale of Two Cities 1859
Great Expectations 1861
Our Mutual Friend 1865
The Mystery of Edwin Drood unfinished; 1870

to see a complete listing=


Alrighty, in other news, it's still part of Black History Month, so today I leave you with Michael Jackson's "Man in The Mirror". I think we all know about Michael Jackson, so I'm not going to post anything about him. All I have to say, this is such an inspirational video! Enjoy!






Have A Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MMXIV ~ 2014

MMXIV ~ 2014
Let's Anticipate On A Peaceful Year!

World Leaders

World Leaders
Pray for World Leaders & Politicians

World Peace

World Peace
Desperately Needed, Please Pray!