"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - Saint Augustine

08 February, 2012

Empress of Soul. . . . . . .

MABUHAY!





Well, I didn't forget about Black History Month. Today is Gladys Knight. Gladys is known as the Empress of Soul. She is a businesswoman, author, humanitarian, a songwriter and obviously a singer. From what I know, and studied about her in the past, she was born in Atlanta, Georgia. Anyways, this is her song "Midnight Train to Georgia". This song basically reminds me of when we drove down to Georgia three (3) years ago to visit friends and while we were driving about 1am, I just woke up and went to the rest area and turned on the radio station, and what do you know. How ironic is it, that I was listening to the song "Midnight Train to Georgia" driving down Interstate 75 through Atlanta.





Those are some of the things that I love doing in life. I mean really driving down to Georgia or any place, and listening to a song either ironic, similar or something about it. Most specially watching the sun rise, ehh around 4am or so trying to hit the road before traffic hits ya at 6, yup those are the types of things that I want to expierience and I enjoy experiencing them! I am very blessed to be able to travel alot and to have families and a friends living in other parts of the state/ nation/ world. So here it is now, I leave you with Gladys Knight "Midnight Train to Georgia"






Have A Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MMXIV ~ 2014

MMXIV ~ 2014
Let's Anticipate On A Peaceful Year!

World Leaders

World Leaders
Pray for World Leaders & Politicians

World Peace

World Peace
Desperately Needed, Please Pray!