"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - Saint Augustine

02 February, 2012

It's Good To See "Summer"!

MABUHAY!

It is the second day of Black History Month. Today the person that I want to focus on is Donna Summers. Well, lets see here, back in 5th grade when I did my Black History Month Portfolio project, my mom told me I should add Donna Summers to the section under "Famous Artists". At first I had no idea who this Donna Summers was, what she did, and what she was famous for. Then mom said, back in her day when she was still at college, she and her friends would enjoy listening to Donna Summers. So I went on Youtube, typed her name in and found a music video of her singing. Turns out she is really good.




Let's see here, the other day I was watching Family Matters, and for all you fans out there, Steve Urkel (Jaleel White) had an aunt name Oona (Donna Summers). Now, since I only got to watch the last 10 minutes of the show, from what I remember was that Aunt Oona and Harriet Winslow went to get there hair done and everyday. Then they went to the bar well karaoke type to watch Steve Urkel, Waldo Faldo Geraldo and Eddie Winslow perform. Well ok- I'm not going to ruin the whole show, if you want too you can find it on youtube. Lets the just in the end, Aunt Oona got the ca$h!

So yeah I picked her as today's Black History person. Here I leave you with Donna Summer's ~ Last Dance from 1978.





Have A Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MMXIV ~ 2014

MMXIV ~ 2014
Let's Anticipate On A Peaceful Year!

World Leaders

World Leaders
Pray for World Leaders & Politicians

World Peace

World Peace
Desperately Needed, Please Pray!